Skip to main content

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Hi again. This time it's all about Jenny Han. So lets just cut to the chase then!

This time it's P.S I Still Love You, this book has clearly been stated that it is one half of a two-part serial. This is because it is meant to be 'two-halves of a heart' which if left to me, is actually a pretty good concept - rather than dragging something out for the sake of it.

'Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?' - Extract from Goodreads


So when it comes to romance and stuff like that, we always know that at some point there are going to be some very much cringe-worthy moments, but also some really treasurable moments as well. This definitely speaks for itself when it is in the young adult genre - not that i hate it at all, i find the genre quite interesting and diverse. Anyway, there was a load of times when i wanted to hurl the book straight towards the wall. Which is saying a lot for me - especially when i am one of those people who pretty much has some sort of OCD with keeping my books in 'shop-condition'. I think this is more to do with the fact that i believe it might be worth more, but i know that in reality it probably is just going to be worth hardly anything once you crack the first page on the spine.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, there was some moments in this book which i really felt like it was heading somewhere great. Of course that is until something much bigger happens which changed the whole perception of the character. For instance, the thing that really frustrated me is that there was an event that happened in the previous book, that the main character, Lara Jean, could not stop talking about to the point that you just wanted to give up reading entirely. It just felt like, just get on with your life than worrying about some petty people. It kind of sent vibes which was like she was a bit immature about the situation. Just get over yourself.

I think that i might go now. But before i do i will give my rating which i have done for so long.

Overall Rating: ***
 
Kiki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunburn by Darren Dash

This is the cover of the recently published book "Sunburn" by Darren Dash (yes, it actually does feature a character getting burnt), which was published earlier than expected on the 1st May. This truly seems like a momentous event. This author has probably influenced my reading patterns the most, since I first picked up a book just for leisure. He is truly an inspirational guy. The cover itself is very sinister. The mix of reds and oranges as well as the sun connotes that the sun plays an antagonising role in the story. Maybe even a factor to all of the characters downfall. The simplicity makes it very intriguing as well as making it feel very uncomforting. Simple but well executed. This demonic masterpiece does not fail to disappoint even the most biggest of horror fans. Set in a perfect setting, the characters are strong, that even the smallest mistake they make can be very vexing. It focuses on three characters: Dominic; Curran and Martini. Who despite

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking

It is back to Amanda Hocking this week, with her new book that I have recently been talking about, when reviewing her other series, the Trylle Trilogy. Although, this book is now in a new series, but set in the same universe. It is called the Kanin Chronicles... I must admit, when actually owning the book, the cover is very enchanting and beautiful. How for instance, the main character and protagonist, Bryn Aven, is at the centre of attention, with her coat covered in red. Whereas in the background, it is very muted colours, with the whites and blacks, but also having a sort of wonderland type of presence. Red to me also makes me feel quite uncomfortable and moreover is a colour for danger. So, onto the criticisms then! First of all, I don't know why but I felt a little bit out of place with this new world. Maybe it is because I read the other series in the same universe, I may have gotten used to them far too much. So when there are old characters appearing and being ment

The Fabulous Kiera Cass's Books!

Hey! I'm Kiki and my main objective for this blog is to go through with you, the reader, the books I am reading- as well as giving those tough old criticisms. Of course, if you have already scrutinised this blog quite a lot already, you would already know that this is true. So far I have read 20 books during this year. Yeah, I know not as much as the book tubers which on average they read 100 each year. But I'm not perfect- I'm only human! So who will be my first victim I see? I'm only joking! The first author who will be under my scrutiny will be the delightful and funny Kiera Cass with her entries including The Selection, The Elite and The One. Here we go... Genre : Dystopian Romance The Selection!- 3 stars The Criticisms! Throughout the whole of this book there was little going on. Probably because of the fact that there is two more books afterwards, and Kiera is trying to prolong the time when the action actually does happen, which is probably so then