Skip to main content

What's not to be perfect?

Happy New Year! Like as I have said last week, we are going into something a bit more depressing. To start off this post I have decided that before I do go into specific details, I thought it would be a good idea to look at New Years resolutions. What is yours? I know for a fact what mine will be. It would have to be about how I always leave work until I have to do it. So this coming year my method for to stop making this habit would be to maybe make the habit of doing it earlier than what I once did. Just remember guys, never make a New Years resolution if you can't keep at it. Otherwise what is the point of actually making one?

Anyway the book I am going to be focusing on this Tuesday, would be a book called The Perfectionists. It is about how five girls devise a plan against this boy called Nolan Hotchkiss and of course there will be a murder, betrayal and a bit of poison.

 
I have to be completely honest about how i felt about the whole plot, before going onto other relevant parts that i feel is crucial. It was probably the most depressing book i have ever read. This is because every single main character was getting into a lot of trouble. The most annoying part about this is that by the time i reached the end there was no resolution. It kind of suggests that this is going to be a series which takes your money, no matter how depressed you get. Sort of like continuing it only because of the resolution - not because it seems to be torturing you.
 
You probably know where this is going to be rated on the five star scale. For the first time on this blog, i am going to give a book 0.5 stars. Yes this is very harsh. But please you must realise, it was the worst book ever! I'm probably going to give away this book after a while - i don't think it even deserves a place on my bookshelf!
 
It feels weird that it is going to be 2015 in a couple of days. I always like New Years Eve, it seems like there is always some sort of party happening somewhere. As some of you may know, i will be doing the Goodreads challenge next year. I was thinking of doing something like 40 books next time. But then i thought, why don't you decide? Just bear in mind i started my challenge this year a little later than everyone else - 6 months late to be precise. This shows that i would probably be able to do double. But ut is all up to you in the end. Tell me in the comments box!
 
 
KIKI


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunburn by Darren Dash

This is the cover of the recently published book "Sunburn" by Darren Dash (yes, it actually does feature a character getting burnt), which was published earlier than expected on the 1st May. This truly seems like a momentous event. This author has probably influenced my reading patterns the most, since I first picked up a book just for leisure. He is truly an inspirational guy. The cover itself is very sinister. The mix of reds and oranges as well as the sun connotes that the sun plays an antagonising role in the story. Maybe even a factor to all of the characters downfall. The simplicity makes it very intriguing as well as making it feel very uncomforting. Simple but well executed. This demonic masterpiece does not fail to disappoint even the most biggest of horror fans. Set in a perfect setting, the characters are strong, that even the smallest mistake they make can be very vexing. It focuses on three characters: Dominic; Curran and Martini. Who despite

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking

It is back to Amanda Hocking this week, with her new book that I have recently been talking about, when reviewing her other series, the Trylle Trilogy. Although, this book is now in a new series, but set in the same universe. It is called the Kanin Chronicles... I must admit, when actually owning the book, the cover is very enchanting and beautiful. How for instance, the main character and protagonist, Bryn Aven, is at the centre of attention, with her coat covered in red. Whereas in the background, it is very muted colours, with the whites and blacks, but also having a sort of wonderland type of presence. Red to me also makes me feel quite uncomfortable and moreover is a colour for danger. So, onto the criticisms then! First of all, I don't know why but I felt a little bit out of place with this new world. Maybe it is because I read the other series in the same universe, I may have gotten used to them far too much. So when there are old characters appearing and being ment

June TBR

As it is the first of the month, I realised that I haven't actually given you any updates on the latest and greatest new books that I have recently bought. And trust me there is quite a few! I'll give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson:   I love the colour of the book jacket. When first discovering this treasure I was probably more interested in how all of the pages have been spray-painted in my favourite colour, yellow. But when looking at the blurb on the reverse, I became very intrigued. As by many people, I prefer a blurb that tells me quite a bit about what is the story, although, with this book it is very vague and is summed up in as few as two to three sentences. The mystery of what might happen is very exciting!     The Heir by Kiera Cass:                                                  This book I guess is very special to this blog. Not only is it the fourth chapter in the selection series, that from many fans, never thought they would be able to see